Administration and Events Officer with Scotdec
£9.30 per hour
Part-Time (3 days per week) for 5 months
Closing date: 31 January, 12 noon
About the Company
“Our vision is that young people in Scotland are able and motivated to challenge global inequality – creating a fairer future for all.
Our values are based on a commitment to social justice and sustainable development and belief that people can bring about change.
We aspire to work in an inclusive and participatory way and have a creative and responsive approach to learning.
Scotdec work towards achieving our vision by providing quality professional learning opportunities and resources to support global citizenship across all sectors of education.
We gather evidence to demonstrate the social and educational value of global citizenship to educators and policy-makers across Scotland.”
Learn more about Scotdec and their vision here http://scotdec.org.uk/about/
Scotdec is currently looking for a motivated individual to be responsible for the administration tasks in relation to the Scotdec office, events, workshops, and conferences. In this role, you will also work closely with the Project Lead to support in event management supporting a number of Scotdec projects.
In this role, you will gain valuable work experience relating to administrative and event support with Scotdec, providing you with insight into significant EU Global Citizenship Education projects and how Scotland contributes to these projects.
Enabling the effective delivery of Scotdec’s work:
• All administration tasks in relation to the delivery of professional learning
• All administration tasks in relation to organisation of Scotdec events, workshops, and conferences
• Specific event management e.g. Pupil Campaign conference for Scotland (Global Issues Global Subjects) and events supporting other projects (InScool and Connecting Classrooms) as required, support ad hoc training management
• Attend relevant meetings and events to promote Scotdec work
Servicing the Scotdec office and all staff to enable them to function efficiently:
• Management of database, including input/updating of all event data and provision of required information in a suitable format
• Responsible for updating and filing of all office records including contracts, legal
documents, reports and other necessary documentation
• Support general office management including supplies, maintenance and other necessary tasks
• Responsible for keeping the office in order and supporting the filing / storing of resources (for training sessions)
Supporting project development and delivery:
• Responsible for all administration tasks for projects in conjunction with and as agreed by project staff
• Work with Communications staff to promote events
Scotdec is looking for a bright and highly organised individual with a qualification or experience relevant to this work. For example, qualification or experience in an
Administration or Events Management. You will also be someone with an interest in challenging global inequality and creating a fairer future for everyone.
Skills and competencies:
• Excellent IT and communication skills
• Solid Excel spreadsheet skills
• Excellent working knowledge of and experience in using other Microsoft Office packages
• Excellent working knowledge and experience of database management (Access)
• Excellent proven organisational skills
• Strong attention to detail and internal control capability
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate well with outside stakeholders (e.g. project partners and auditors)
• Capable of working under pressure and as part of a small but enthusiastic team
• Ability to identify and implement more effective ways of working by ongoing monitoring
• Commitment to the aims and principles of Scotdec, especially in terms of Global
Citizenship, sustainability, and social justice
Beneficial but not essential:
• Experience of using Eventbrite
If you have any questions about this role or the organisation please contact
email@example.com. Please do not under any circumstances contact the
employer directly as doing so may negatively impact your employment opportunity.
Closing date for applications is TBC 2020, 12 noon.
Please submit a CV and tailored Cover Letter through Viana Maya
Examples of what we expect in an application can be found HERE.
All applications must be submitted by noon on the closing date.
State A) your availability and B) relevant experience and demonstrate how your skills match the specific requirements of
the job description.
We do NOT accept email applications unless otherwise stated.
Successful candidates must, by the start of the employment, have permission to work in the