8 Modules Career Accelerator Course
Time & Location
About the Event
Personal Career Accelerator Course.
This is an 8 Module Course with bonus resources and courses added to suit the needs of the people registered on it.
We deliver practical online training and coaching to power your job search, interviews, and in-work progression.
15 FREE spaces available for ethnic minorities and other marginalised job seekers in Scotland to access practical training while job searching with in-work support.
Eligibility criteria spaces available for ethnic minorities and other marginalised job seekers in Scotland to access practical training.
Spaces for the masterclasses are limited to 15 people per 8-week session. If you miss these dates, follow us on Facebook for the following session dates.
These free spaces are funded by The Scottish Government and The Hunter Foundation ‘Social Innovation Partnership’ Fund.
If you would like to participate and are not eligible for free space, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss the cost.
pRESPECT aims to empower ethnic minorities and other marginalised people through tailored personal and professional development to gain sustainable, progressive employment.
We provide intensive personal career development courses, including group workshops, one to one coaching, proactive employment preparation, employer engagement, career-focused long term planning, and networking events.
Our unique process fuses our Acting & Performance, Public Communication, Social & Market Research, and Digital Technology expertise.
All our courses are tailored to the needs of the individuals and groups booked into the sessions.
Learn more about pRESPECT here
The course starts on 19th July 2021 with weekly live coaching sessions: 11 am-1 pm.
Aim of the Workshops
- Confidence is increased when a person is valued, provided with equal access, and given opportunities to work with guidance to progress to long term career choices.
- There are many barriers affecting opportunities for marginalised talented people to gain access to work. This course seeks to break down the personal and external barriers affecting individuals and minority ethnic groups attaining the career they have worked so hard to qualify in.
- We empower individuals to own their career choices while addressing uncomfortable issues in a supportive, inclusive environment that encourages actionable and impactful changes. This brings significant benefits to individuals and their potential employers and also drives business success and innovation.
“I liked each content of every individual week and how it relates to everything that involves a person’s career. I believe the course for people and me was a guide and direction to make better choices concerning our individual careers and achieve them with great help and training.”
Benefits of attending the workshops
- Sessions will run live and include coaching support and downloadable course materials to complement your learning.
Overall Course Outcome:
- Breakdown the barriers holding back your career and seek new opportunities with confidence
- Gain job search toolkit
- Opportunities to apply to paid placement with some of our partner organisations
- Learn how to create adaptable, targeted, and precise CVs and Cover Letters ( this will be a separate masterclass)
- Set short and long term career goals with daily action plans to achieve them
- Build lifelong learning habits to support career progression
- Gain diversified career coaching that navigates cultural and racial issues in the workplace
- Boost your mental, physical, and vocal techniques increase confidence in public and presentation
- Learn to enjoy being out of your comfort zone in our supportive environment
- Gain access to follow-up courses on our online platform and at our Edinburgh venue to continue developing alongside your job search.
- Getting a job is not the end of your relationship with pRESPECT. We can continue to offer support for alumni that are aiming higher.
Action Please email your CV
Course dates: 19th July 2021
Live Coaching session Time: twice weekly Monday and Thursday 11 am-1 pm.